It’s always a good idea to enjoy the warm sunshine of spring and summer on a patio, at a pool party, or a family barbecue. Unfortunately, there are many flying, crawling, and biting pests that attempt to ruin fun by feasting on you, or your food.
Natural Pest Repellant - Essential Oil List-Eucalyptus
Essential Oil Spray - Mix an oil based natural compound
-Natural Witch Hazel
-Distilled water (boiled water will work too)
2. Mix in Witch Hazel until 3/4 full.
3. Add a combination of 50 drops of your desired essential oil. You can always change the recipe or get some mixture ideas online. Test out a few, or make several batches at a time.
- Boil 1 cup of water and mix 3-4 tablespoons of dried or fresh herbs. Suggested: 1 Tablespoon each of peppermint, spearmint, lavender and cloves. Fresh herbs will measure more.
- Make sure to mix well, cover and let it cool.
- Then strain the mixture to separate the herbs.
- Mix the liquid with 1cup witch hazel or rubbing alcohol.
- Store in a dark-colored spray bottle in the fridge (cooling is not needed, just desired).
- Use when you head outdoors. Your repellent will be refreshing, smell amazing, and keep you safe.
Warning: Consult a heath professional before using essential oils if you’re pregnant, nursing, or for use on small children. Once clearance is attained, perform a patch test on a small area of skin to test for allergic reactions.